Greetings. I am Douglas Kiburz, M.D. an Orthopaedic Surgeon treating musculoskeletal patients for over 40 years. It takes a comprehensive plan in treating the many varieties and severities of arthritis and joint problems. I counsel my patients on proper nutrition, weight and activity modification, appropriate shoe and orthotic wear, bracing, over the counter and prescription medication, water therapy, topical treatments, the importance of adjusted exercise and flexibility training, possible helpful injections, radiofrequency ablation and SUPPLEMENTS and complementary treatments. Though I make my living as a surgeon it is just as satisfying to help patients help themselves with common sense advice.
I have been using supplements in our dogs, cats, and horses for decades where there is no placebo effect so I was certain similar products would help my patients. I have been promoting Hyaluronic Acid (HA or Hyaluronan) which has benefits for the joints, skin, GI tract, and essentially every system as there are HA receptors in nearly every cell in the body. I try to keep abreast of new health and wellness developments and have found a superior HA product in value and effectiveness which I personally take and am now recommending. I list some of the equal or additional benefits of Top Shelf® below compared to other HA products.
1. NO REFRIGERATION NEEDED-MAKING IT TRAVEL READY
2. HIGHER MOLECULAR WEIGHT (1.6 TO 1.8 DALTONS COMPARED TO 1.4-1.6 DALTONS (Higher Molecular Weight equates to better anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown higher MW correlates to anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
3. WEIGHT AND SHIPPING COSTS FOR PRELIQUIFIED PRODUCTS ARE MUCH HIGHER
4. SHELF LIFE OF 3 YEARS COMPARED TO 6-9 MONTHS
5. NO PROBLEMS WITH HEAT OR TIME-RELATED DETERIORATION IN SHIPPING OR WAREHOUSING OR SITTING ON THE SHELF
6. FRESH FROM THE MOMENT IT IS REHYDRATED WITH 90 DAY OPTIMAL USE
7. UTILIZATION FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY-HUMANS, CATS AND DOGS AND HORSES (The HA molecule and bioavailability is the same in all mammals-the equine volume is sold in larger volumes) (1 TSP FOR CATS AND SMALL DOGS, 2 TSP FOR MEDIUM DOGS, 3 TSP FOR LARGE DOGS AND HUMANS)
8. THE PENDING PATENT IS FOR STABILIZATION OF THE HA MOLECULE AND MAINTAINING MOLECULAR WEIGHT STABILITY WHICH IS CRITICAL FOR ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AND ANTI-OXIDATIVE QUALITIES.
9. “JUST ADD WATER” ACTUALLY AN EASY AND FUN PROCESS TO BRING THE HA TO LIFE TURNING IT INTO A GOLDEN, VISCOUS FLUID
10. NON-GMO, NO SOY, NO GLUTEN, NO SUGAR, NO YEAST, NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR OR COLORING, NO TASTE, NO ODOR
11. NO SODIUM BENZOATE WHICH OTHER HA PRODUCTS USE FOR PRESERVATION WHICH HAS KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS-INCLUDING CANCER RISK
12.TOP SHELF® UTILIZES COLLOIDAL SILVER FOR A PRESERVATIVE WHICH HAS KNOWN ANTIBACTERIAL PROPERTIES
13. NEUTRAL pH INSTEAD OF ACIDIC pH WHICH STABILIZES THE VERY LARGE HA MOLECULE AND IS BENEFICIAL TO THE ACID-BASE BALANCE OF THE BODY
14. FROM ITS HYDRATION DATE HA IN LIQUID OR GEL CAP FORM DEGRADES SO UP TO THE MOMENT HYDRATION AND USE IS CRITICAL. SOLID (POWDER OR PILL) HA FORMULATIONS TAKE 24 HOURS TO “HYDRATE” AND ARE OUT OF THE SYSTEM BEFORE BECOMING BIOAVAILABLE
15. OTHER HA LIQUID PRODUCTS HAVE 3 TO 60 MG PER DAILY DOSE WHERE TOP SHELF® HAS 100 MG PER DAILY DOSE PROVIDING THE BETTER VALUE AND EFFECTIVENESS. MOST CLINICAL STUDIES USE AT LEAST 100 MG OF HA DAILY.
16. UNBREAKABLE EASY TO OPEN PET BOTTLE FITS PERFECTLY IN YOUR HAND AND CAN BE REFRIGERATED
BOTTOM LINE – RECOMMENDING HYALUROAN HA REMAINS A DEFINITE PART OF MY COMPREHENSIVE JOINT AND HEALTH CARE AND HAS SIGNIFICANT ADDITIONAL HEALTH BENEFITS (SPEED WOUND HEALING, LUBRICATE AND PROTECT JOINTS, HELP GI CONDITIONS, RELIEVE DRY EYE AND DISCOMFORT, PRESERVE BONE STRENGTH, SMOOTHE WRINKLES, ANTI-AGING, IMMUNE SYSTEM SUPPORT, KEY TO HEALTHY MICROBIOME IN THE GUT)
MY PATIENTS WILL BE ADVISED TO CONSIDER TOP SHELF® AS THE “GO TO” HA SUPPLEMENT. WHEN REACHING FOR THE BEST, REACH FOR THE “Top Shelf®”.